nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Curculio / Surround adhesion question

  • From: <dmnorton@royaloakfarmorchard.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Curculio / Surround adhesion question
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 08:34:32 -0500

I use the red fake apples with Tanglefoot here. We have these cider sippers we use to sell cider in during our season and I use empty ones for apple maggot traps in the off season. The trap I used for curculio this year is the same principle. The liner that goes inside the trap is coated with Tanglefoot and I used plum essence and curculio pheremone lure inside a baby food jar attached to the liner. The fake apples could just as easily be used as you describe with the essence and the lure inside the fake apple. The esence comes in a small plastic bag with a string wick extending through the top of it, so it has to be kept in the upright position, but that would still work in the fake apple.

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com
http://www.revivalhymn.com