nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Curculio / Surround adhesion question

  • From: Lee Reich <garden@leereich.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Curculio / Surround adhesion question
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 09:48:24 -0400

I sprayed Surround on my apples for about five years, beginning right after petal fall and then every week or two or whenever it rained about an inch. I got good coverage using a gasoline powered Stihl backpack sprayer. In those five years, I harvested almost no apples and would often see curculio scars on the fruits the day after I sprayed!

Lee Reich, PhD

Books by Lee Reich:
The Pruning Book
Weedless Gardening