nafex - [NAFEX] Raccoon Fence

  • From: Del Stubbs <northernlights2n@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Raccoon Fence
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 08:04:47 -0700 (PDT)

I just came in from taking down last years experiment in a temporary racoon
fence to
protect our grapes. It worked 100%. over a 50' row. Farm stores sell these
inexpensive
short 3.5'? rebar posts & elec wire connectors. Elec wire is pretty
inexpensive too. I
put 5 rows of wire 4" apart starting 3" off the weed whipped bare ground.
their tender
feet just don't like electricity. The year before all the grapes we got after
one nights'
raid - was piles of purple in the grass. No idea how big an army of racoons
it took to
eat hundreds of bunches, Del

Del Stubbs http://www.pinewoodforge.com zone 3 N. MN

Get the free Yahoo! toolbar and rest assured with the added security of
spyware protection.