nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Dying pecan- can I determine variety of survivor?

  • From: Hilborn.E@epamail.epa.gov
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Dying pecan- can I determine variety of survivor?
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 09:19:02 -0400

I am somewhat encouraged by these comments. I only really need to know
the type for pollination purposes. So you all think that this lab may
be able to narrow it down, maybe if I also document the time the stamens
appear/disappear?

Betsy

I can differentiate it from most of the northern pecans in my
collection, based on its growth habit and bud
structure, but when you compare it with Creek(its full-sib) and some of
the other Southern pecans, I can't tell
them apart.

Lucky