nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Dying pecan- can I determine variety of survivor?

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Dying pecan- can I determine variety of survivor?
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 11:11:27 -0500

At 11:06 AM 5/29/2007, Betsy wrote:
Question: is there any way to verify the variety that I have living so
that I can purchase a proper replacement variety as a pollinator?

Until it produces nuts, I'd say you'd have a difficult time verifying that it is, indeed, Pawnee.

Topgun may have the answer, but I'm not aware that there are any particular features, as regards growth habit, bud/leaf morphology, etc. that would allow *me* to differentiate Pawnee from any other particular pecan variety.

Lucky