nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Bagging Apples

  • From: "Mark Dorogi" <mddorogi@comcast.net>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Bagging Apples
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 15:57:20 -0400

Hi Bob,

No, I haven’t tried the footies.  This is the first time with bags as well. I had read about them, but didn’t come away with a strong impression that one was much preferred over the other.  And since I have baggies here…

Are there any particular advantages to the footies?  Can they be re-used?  Do they work as well as bags in keeping fungal infections off the apples?   Would footies be a better choice for peaches, compared to plastic bags?

It looks like the footies might be a little easier to put on, although baggies are pretty easy.  I should get some to try, they’re pretty cheap.

Thanks,

Mark