nafex - Re: [NAFEX] pecan problem

  • From: Hans Brinkmann <hans-brinkmann@t-online.de>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] pecan problem
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 11:56:37 +0200

Hallo,
let me recommend two very good sources for grafted pecan:

Canada
Grimo Nut Nursery (and other fruits)
979 Lakeshore Rd.,
R.R. 3, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario,
Canada LOS 1JO.
e-mail at nuttrees@grimonut.com
http://www.grimonut.com/

USA
John H. Gordon Jr.
1385 Campbell Blvd.
Amherst, NY 14228-1403
nuttreegordon@hotmail.com
www.geocities.com/nuttreegordon/0maiLst6.htm Grower of nut, pawpaw & persimmon trees for Western NY climates

They sold to me many kgs of seeds, scions and grafts e.g. bare-rooted grafted pecans
always in absolute 100% good quality (very high germination and good growth of ALL trees)!!!
I can not expect this good quality and very professional service from many other German or European nurseries.

ciao
Hans Germany

Michael Nave schrieb:
TyTy has too many problems to list here. Suffice to
say that I would never under any circumstances do
business with TyTy, nor would many other people.
Anytime you buy something from them, make sure it is
not diseased. Also make sure that it is true to type
to the best of your ability. And never under any
circumstances buy anything from them sight unseen.

--- Hilborn.E@epamail.epa.gov wrote:

Thanks Michael, I will check into the anthracnose
possibility.

What is wrong with TyTy? They are close to my
growing area and had a big
selection of fruit.

Betsy

Anthracnose?