nafex - Re: [NAFEX] pecan problem

  • From: "Lucky.Pittman@murraystate.edu" <Lucky.Pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] pecan problem
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 22:01:39 -0500

What is wrong with TyTy? They are close to my growing area and had a big
selection of fruit.

What's wrong with TyTy?
Well...They may be OK if you're close enought to actually go to the nursery
and pick out your plant materials, but
thousands of people who've purchased, mail-order, from these shysters could
regale you with horrifying tales of
receiving small, dry, dead rootless sticks, and when they call - if they get
an answer, they're told to plant
them, they'll be OK - or, they're instructed to send the dead plants back(at
their own expense) in order to
receive a replacement - dead, dry rootless stick.
You used to be able to get the low-down on TyTy at places like
GardenWatchdog, but the scum who run the place
threatened lawsuit because of the overwhelming negativity of customer
reviews((95+% negative, and most of the
positives were posted by TyTy folks masquerading as real people). If you'd
check, TyTy and its numerous
incarnations have had numerous grievances filed against them with the GA
state attorney's office and office of the
commissioners of Agriculture and Commerce.

It is fun to browse through their online catalog and look at the cheesy - and
often creepy - doctored photographs -
they have this weird thing about combining random statuary and fruit, and
usually a really sleazy looking young
man. However, I'll say I really like the new hot babe with prominent cleavage
a whole lot better than their
previous 'garden expert' - a young tough in wife-beater T-shirt with a
cigarette hanging out of his mouth.
Wow! And how about that 'Japanese Purple Greek persimmon'? Amazing! I'll
kiss your foot if that thing hasn't
been painted with some purple tempera paint.

I ordered from them one time about 12 years ago, and swore I'd never do that
again.

LLP