nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Tall skinny cherry tree pot

  • From: Anton Callaway <marillen@earthlink.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Tall skinny cherry tree pot
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 21:33:20 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

The pot is not likely the problem. These tall pots are often used for trees.
I personally use them for all my tree propagation. When I run out of them
and use other pot shapes I always have a lower percent survival.

I suspect the death of the cherry tree was due to something else.

Best of luck with the replacement- Northstar is a wonderful cherry. In case
you haven't grown it before, it's a beautiful ornamental, is great for
culinary purposes and our family loves eating them off the tree (although I
suspect we like things a bit more tart than many folks).

Anton
Zone 8