nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Subject: Re: Paw Paw Propagation from seed

  • From: "Matt Demmon" <mdemmon@gmail.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Subject: Re: Paw Paw Propagation from seed
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 19:44:23 -0400

Toni, your paw paws should be just fine outside in the winter. I'm in
zone 5 and for two years in a row have had 100% survival on my one
year old paw paw seedlings, in regular 1 gallon pots, just left
outside on the north side of the house and forgotten about.

Also, after the first year, they can handle full sun (although I
wouldn't do that to them in a pot). If you are planning on putting
them in the ground at some point, I wouldn't wait, do it this spring
and give them lots of compost and watch 'em go. The deer won't bother
them and they should be fine.

Good luck.

-matt