nafex - [NAFEX] nafex: Weather Stations

  • From: oowonbs@netscape.net
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] nafex: Weather Stations
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 23:45:05 -0400

I have an interest in Weather Stations.
On a 50x100, I have no desire (abiity) to spend thousands, but
have seen some by Davis, and by AWS/Weatherbug, that are less
than a thousand. I'd be interested in the brands and
"more than temp/rain measuring" abilities at you use.
Of great interest wouldbe computewr recording of data,
or ability to purchase "components" as I can and add them as uprades.

TIA,
BillSF9c (amateur)

My weather station
monitors the daily temps every 10 minutes, establishes the daily low
temp
and daily high temp from the date of biofix forward, calculates the DD
(Degree Days), then uses the 50 degree DD base model to time sprays
for
the 1st and 2nd generations.

My codling moth program for this season is:
- - - snip - - -
100 DD..............................Place traps in orchard
Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com
http://www.revivalhymn.com