nafex - Re: [NAFEX] [off topic] Foraging

  • From: "Dylan Ford" <dford@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] [off topic] Foraging
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 07:43:58 -0400

From: "Gregory T Strella"
Subject: [NAFEX] [off topic] Foraging

Hello all,
I'm looking for opportunities within a couple of hours of Baltimore, MD or
south-central PA to learn more about foraging for wild edibles.

Greg -

There is a fellow in NYC called "Wildman" Steve Brill who has been
demonstrating this for years. After arresting him several times for eating
Central Park, the authorities hired him to teach foraging skills.

http://www.econetwork.net/~wildmansteve/

He mostly operates around the NY Metropolitan area and Conn., but looking at
his Calendar of events I see two upcoming demos in NJ. Or maybe you could
get a local group to hire him to come there for a day. dylan

Dylan Ford is the author of the proposal at www.ideaforpresident.com , a
website devoted to an idea that could provide an avenue to address pollution
issues, food safety, social justice, prison reform and healthcare.