nafex - [NAFEX] damage

  • From: "hector black" <hblack1925@fastmail.fm>
  • To: "nafex Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] damage
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 14:53:06 -0500

Our damage is extensive.  I've never seen anything like it.  Tulip poplars with all the new growth very dark green and hanging down.  Persimmons (except my one asian), mulberries, blueberries, any nut tree that had started to leaf out, huge oaks all with the new shoots hanging down.  We'll have little or no fruit - apples & pears, cherries all shot..  Native plants also severely damaged - spice bush, pawpaw,  don't know if the mayhaw fruit will drop or not - it's too early to tell the extent of the damage on some things, but a drive into Cookeville is enough to make one sick at heart.   Hector Black, zone 6 middle TN