nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Damage

  • From: "Hal Love" <lovehd@comcast.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Damage
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 09:56:15 -0600

Donna,

You left out Pawpaws. Grapes may fruit from secondary shoots, but you are probably right about the others. It hit 21 F here Sunday morning. Asian persimmons were still dormant. Native persimmon were just barely leafing out, so they may have a chance. Blackberries, raspberries (black and red), clove currants, jostaberries, service berries, mayhaw, and aronia seem to have little or no damage. Most everything else is toast.

Hal
zn 6b...7a...7b...? TN