nafex - Re: [NAFEX] nafex Non-Fruit Chatter

  • From: oowonbs@netscape.net
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] nafex Non-Fruit Chatter
  • Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2007 01:35:27 -0400

>Obviously, with these freezes, we're out of fruit tree questions to work on. . .
>.  How do I know you?  A rose by any other name .  .  .  .

>Tim Inman

I am likely amongst the most ignorant here; but I always think back to so
many classes from 6th grade up, sociology, biology, government...
everywhere there used to be a reference to the Dust Bowl, it's cause
"being" chem ferts & no rotation of either crops, not a rest year for a section.

We may know more now.  Still, I used chem ferts for a time. I did not try to change overnight, but over 5-10 years. Now, I only have a 50x100 and part of that is house, But I weaned away from 95% of my chem ferts to organic, predominately mushroom compost.

IF organic ferts were available AND cost effective, I would think someone on a large scale could more easily switch to organic than I, as samples and dosing on a large scale are more easily tested and controlled. I don't suggest anyone do any massive change completely and suddenly overnight.  Maybe 3 years is enough, maybe not, but cold turkey is tough. I understand the certification and monetary issues there being time sensitive from the onset.

Cordially,
BillSF9c

  • Re: [NAFEX] nafex Non-Fruit Chatter, oowonbs, 04/08/2007