nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Everything's Dead

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Everything's Dead
  • Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 17:17:27 -0400

Hello,

Yes, I would give all the plants time, and not assume they are dead.

I had some potted figs in my garage, and during a January cold spell noted that a watering can next to them had frozen solid.  The soil in the fig pots was frozen too.

A couple of warm days on the driveway, and their buds began to swell.  You may be lucky.  Losing fruit for a season is better than losing the trees.

Give them time.  Patience in the largest ingredient.

Later,

Tom