nafex - [NAFEX] Pear Ripening...

  • From: "fuwa fuwa usagi" <fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Pear Ripening...
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 16:29:04 -0700

It was written:

In general, ripening best off the tree is a feature of Pyrus communis,
European pear, and if you are going to grow this species you might
as well get used to it.

My reply:

Can't say I agree, I would say it is a case by case basis.

For instance Harvest Queen, Harrow Sweet were tree ripened to a yellow
complexion and a smooth buttery texture. My gosh they were so sweet, they
melted in your mouth and the neighbors could not believe these were pears.
Same pears ripened off tree were very good - on the tree simply stellar. On
the other hand Warren rotted on the tree, and Potomac would not ripen on it.

tfb

The Free Email with so much more!
=====> http://www.MuchoMail.com <=====

  • [NAFEX] Pear Ripening..., fuwa fuwa usagi, 03/19/2007