nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Antonovka apple seeds

  • From: dwoodard@becon.org
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Antonovka apple seeds
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 16:28:26 -0500 (EST)

I wouldn't worry about it. About 30 years ago I bought some
BA x Antonovka seeds from Scotian Gold. They were twisted dried-up
little things that looked like total junk. My plans changed and I
gave most of them to a friend who planted them. I saw the row of
seedlings that summer; it looked like like most of them had germinated.

Mind they are stratified before planting.

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario