nafex - [NAFEX] Antonovka apple seeds

  • From: Jim Bastian <bastianjim@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Antonovka apple seeds
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 13:08:10 -0700 (PDT)

I am new to Apples and grafting. In a few weeks I am going to be trying my hand at grafting for the first time using Scions and seedling rootstock I ordered online. For next years rootstock I purchased Antonovka apple seeds online to grow myself. I just recieved them and I am shocked at how small they are. I cut open an Empire apple I have here to compare seed size. The Antonovka are easily 1/8th the size of the Empire. I am wondering if the seed company shipped something else by mistake or if Antonovka are just this way? I can send a picture of the seeds if someone would like.

Thanks for any info in advance, Jim Bastian
bastianjim@yahoo.com

Never miss an email again!
Yahoo! Toolbar