nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Bud 118 to spare

  • From: tanis grif <tanisgrif@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Bud 118 to spare
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 10:06:18 -0700 (PDT)

Bud118 & FB: I just tried some searches, but don't have time now to find the
info.
FB is not my main concern when choosing rootstocks, so, sorry but I don't
know.

Yes I considered rowing out these extras so they can grow and replace the
properly
sized tops which were cut off by the grower. Then use next year. But so
often
someone on the list is seeking a few last-minute rootstocks, I wanted to offer
these.

A couple other people also recommend the budding season, but that's just more
work
in the hot weather. No thanks!

--- K Q <> wrote:

> Tanis, is the 118 fire blight proof?
>
> Whoever gets your rootstock can also plant this year, graft next, etc. No
> need to
> graft right away. Scion growth is dependant upon amount of root pushing it
> plus
> amount of season left for growing.
>
> On the larger caliper stocks that I sometimes get (too large for whip
> grafting), I
> will put it in the ground and wait for the bark to slip, then do a bark
> graft.
> Works a treat!

It's here! Your new message!