nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Bud 118 to spare

  • From: "K Q" <kumquat@operamail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Bud 118 to spare
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 07:44:05 -0800

Tanis, is the 118 fire blight proof?

Whoever gets your rootstock can also plant this year, graft next, etc. No
need to graft right away. Scion growth is dependant upon amount of root
pushing it plus amount of season left for growing.

On the larger caliper stocks that I sometimes get (too large for whip
grafting), I will put it in the ground and wait for the bark to slip, then do
a bark graft. Works a treat!