nafex - Re: [NAFEX] splicing tape{decomp.]

  • From: tanis grif <tanisgrif@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] splicing tape{decomp.]
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 14:00:12 -0800 (PST)

Wow. What latitude are you? I don't think I've ever seen it split that fast
(s.WI). Sometimes if weather is very clear and the graft is growing very
fast, tape
will split. I've never seen the tape split before the graft was mended.
Altho one
spring I used left-over tape-- not sure how old the roll was-- and the tape
wasn't
so self-sticking.

I have a vague recollection of someone once wondering whether this tape would
behave
the same way if NOT exposed to sun. The point being, this delayed
decomposition is
desireable, and does it happen if no sun exposure?

--- K Q <> wrote:

...This tape breaks down rapidly in full summer sun. Sometimes as early as a
week.
If you want it to last the full season, just wrap a little foil (gum wrapper
etc)
around the tape to block destructive UV rays. I like the fact that it wants
to rot
so easily!

Get your own web address.