nafex - Re: [NAFEX] inexpensive tree pots?

  • From: "Regina M. Kreger" <regina@kreger.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] inexpensive tree pots?
  • Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 08:58:41 -0500

Would the 30-gal grow bags from Peaceful Valley work, do you think? They're taller than they are big around, though, which I suppose might be good for tap-rooted pawpaws but wouldn't let roots spread out. They have two versions:
http://www.groworganic.com/item_GP227_PlasticNurseryGrowBags30Gal.html
http://www.groworganic.com/item_GP280_EasiLiftGrowBags30Gal.html

One of these days I'm going to seal in my back screened porch and try some tropicals, so I'll want a few better-looking and lasting pots too. But for now, I'm thinking of 10-15 trees and the cost of planters is just too much.

Regina

Regina M. Kreger wrote:

Friends, I am ordering some fruit trees that I want to keep in containers for a while, so I can move them around the yard until I decide where I want them to stay. Some may not get in the ground for a while, as I also have some drainage issues I haven't figured out yet.

Can anyone recommend a source for relatively inexpensive planters that would be big enough for young trees? The cheapest half-barrels I've found are still around $80 each, not counting shipping, and that's a little daunting.

Thanks,
Regina

**YOU MUST BE SUBSCRIBED TO POST!**
No exceptions. ----