nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Layering not

  • From: rmelrose@danvilleVT.net
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Layering not
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 12:17:58 -0500 (EST)

Thanks Lon and Hans. I was thinking of this foil approach as a little
easier than traditional airlayering as you describe -- which I have done
long ago with houseplants. My problem is always time, and I thought that
wrappying ten branches in foil in late winter (which as I remember is the
suggested approach) would not take long! As I recall, injury and/or girdling
were not suggested as part of the idea, just that the exclusion of light
eventually induces a tendency to root. Of course it would be a full year
between start and rooted cutting.

Richard