nafex - Re: [NAFEX] instructions for root-cutting propagation?

  • From: Bob Hartman <hartmansfruittrees@wport.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] instructions for root-cutting propagation?
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 10:37:47 -0800

You don't say what your purpose is. Is it to propagate a rootstock?, a seedling apple tree?, or what? I propagate hundreds of apple rootstock by the stooling method every year. Some propagate easier than others. I can tell you my procedures for that if you are interested. If it is rootstock you plan to propagate, can you tell us which one(s)?

Bob Hartman
Western Washington

tanis cuff wrote:

Can anyone please post instructions or stories of success w/ propagating apple trees from root cuttings? Season, any callus treatment, preferred media, etc. How about just grubbing up a root still attached to the tree, and letting the root sucker in-place-- what would be the best season for this? Thanks!!

**YOU MUST BE SUBSCRIBED TO POST!**
No exceptions. ----
to change other email options):