nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Parafilm

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Parafilm
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 10:51:11 -0600

At 10:34 AM 12/12/2006, you wrote:
The Parafilm grafting tape is nearly the same product as "M" but is just
made in 1" and 1/2" widths. It is a very good product.
Buds will grow right through it with no trouble.

The Parafilm M that I use comes in rolls 2" wide by some length I can't recite off the top of my head - 250 ft or something like that.
I typically cut it into 6" long pieces, which I then split into 3 strips - so what I work with most of the time would be 2/3"x6". Works best for me; others might want wider or narrower pieces to work with.

Lucky