nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Beating walnut trees

  • From: "" <Lucky.Pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Beating walnut trees
  • Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 06:24:28 -0600

Naomi wrote:
I know a good bit about donkeys. I have 8 riding donks. Trust me on this
one. Beating a donkey is not a good idea at all. Donkeys think more than
other equines because they have two choices in a scary situation. They can
run or they can freeze.

I know a lot more about walnuts & hickories than I do about donkeys - but I
have worked on them a very little bit in my day; you left out the third
choice they can make - they might just kill you(or try their dangdest to) -
either now, or at some later date. But! As the nasty ol' veterinarian, I was
always having to do something painful to them, so I guess I shouldn't have
been surprised - but they are SO very different from a horse, and none of my
professors EVER told us that.

I still kinda wish I'd been able to get a gaited, spotted mule foal out of
our little SSH mare - guess I could join the American Council of Spotted
Asses without owning, but it'd be more 'real' if I actually had one!

Lucky