nafex - [NAFEX] Honey Crisp Apples

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jfruth@uslink.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Honey Crisp Apples
  • Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 06:57:46 -0600

Honey Crisp has been designated as Minnesota's official apple during this past legislative session. I sell apples at a farmers' market and my two Honey Crisp trees gave me only a peck of fruit. I was convinced that many folks would be disappointed but I didn't even get one request for Honey Crisp. Despite the legislatative enactment, perhaps Honey Crisp will be like everything else here in Minnesota. Minnesotans don't catch on to fads until the rest of the country has been doing it for up to twenty years. Mesclun and edible flowers are first beginning to be accepted here as something edible so perhaps it'll be some time before my Honey Crisp apples sell.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
www.bberryfarm.com
(218)568-8483 [Store]
(218)831-7018 [My Cell]

  • [NAFEX] Honey Crisp Apples, Jim Fruth, 11/08/2006