nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pasteurizing

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pasteurizing
  • Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 09:32:29 -0500

Hello,

The difference between pasteurized cider and fresh cider is the difference between apple cider and apple juice. Heating changes the flavor.

We have always been careful of what apples we pick up and bring to the cider mill. No animals are allowed in the orchard either.

Yes, there is always a risk for that bad strain of ecoli, but we are more likely to die driving to the post office for the mail.

Do you pick up an apple, rub it on your shirt and eat it? No difference.

Later,
Tom