nafex - [NAFEX] Unnamed Apple from Bear Creek, a new clue

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jfruth@uslink.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Unnamed Apple from Bear Creek, a new clue
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 10:07:58 -0500

A week or so ago, I wrote asking for a possible name of an apple I purchased from the Former Bear Creek Nursery. One person wrote saying that he had had a similar experience, getting something other than what was ordered from Bear Creek.
I have two such apple trees and their fruit was ripe, and falling off the tree, when the fruit was bright green. The fruit has continue to ripen since then and are yellowing. The fruit from one tree has turned a brilliant yellow, not unlike an over-ripe Golden Delicious. The mystery deepens.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
www.bberryfarm.com