nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Lingonberry Questions

  • From: Michael Dossett <phainopepla@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Lingonberry Questions
  • Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 12:49:43 -0700 (PDT)

Jim,

Lingonberries will do fine in soil that is not poor.
They enjoy organic matter but are susceptible to
having wet roots/crowns so a little bit of raised bed
helps as does good drainage. Fertilize once a year,
they don't need a lot (ammonium form of nitrogen).
They do need low pH. They seem to not be quite as
tolerant of higher pH as many blueberries are so if
you can get the pH to 5 or 4.5 that would help...

Michael Dossett

Michael Dossett
Corvallis, Oregon
www.Mdossettphoto.com