nafex - Re: [NAFEX] propagating apricots.

  • From: John Smith <friendly27sw@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] propagating apricots.
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 10:15:11 -0700 (PDT)

What I've done is just dry them after the fruit ripen,
store dry in a cool spot, then spade up a row in the
garden late fall, plant a couple inches deep and they
come up in the spring. You avoid a lot of bother and
don't have the transplant problems. It's worked great
for me with peaches, and apricots, but had fairly poor
germination on some plums.
Central MO zone 5