nafex - Re: [NAFEX] grafting is simple-Wintercare?

  • From: "Mark or Helen Angermayer" <hangermayer@isp.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] grafting is simple-Wintercare?
  • Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 21:07:27 -0500

How do you protect an new graft from wind desiccation in winter? I recently
chip budded a peach and it seems to be healing in fine. I took off all the
wrap, but was wondering what needs to be done to protect the chip bud (on
north side) this winter. Some good information on your site Derry, but I
didn't see anything that addresses winter care of late summer bud/chip
grafts.

Mark Angermayer
Zone 5 Kansas