nafex - Re: [NAFEX] grafting is simple

  • From: derry and bill <wchase@interchange.ubc.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] grafting is simple
  • Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 14:28:58 -0700

Jim,

I've put a page of info on how I care for my grafts on my web page
<http://derrysorchardandnursery.ca> page 2 below rootstocks and scions.

If anyone has any more comments or useful suggestions for the aftercare,
I'd love to include them. There may be some good suggestions for the cold weather of Eastern North America.

Cheers,

Derry

That seems to be my problem--aftercare. Any good references with good
specific information on different kinds of trees, with the temperatures etc
that are best? Lots of books in my library, but none of them have
consistently good info on aftercare of grafts. I'd like to see info
including setting out in a nursery, care in the nursery, digging and moving
to the orchard, etc.

Thanks Jim, in Menomonie, WI