nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Brown rot

  • From: "loneroc" <loneroc@mwt.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Brown rot
  • Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 05:21:32 -0500

Since you are in Idaho, your atmospheric humidity levels are probably low
enough that brown rot will not be the scourge it is for me in some years.
Fruit growing tends to be easier in the West than in the East--especially if
you westerners irrigate.

This year I lost over 1/2 of my plums to brown rot. This occurred even with
diligent removal of diseased fruits from the trees as they appeared and
picking up all drops from the ground.

Any one have any suggestions for control of brown rot? I'd prefer a
cultural remedy, but would use a chemical one, either organic or
conventional, if that's my best option.

Steve H. Lone Rock, WI