nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Plums

  • From: tanis grif <tanisgrif@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Plums
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 20:46:05 -0700 (PDT)

I add another testamonial for the local wild plums! List recently had a
string
about trying to ID the species, and I'm ashamed to say I don't recall what we
have
here in south-central WI, z4-5. But so tastey they are in the "Is this
legal?!"
group. Fairly reliable bearing & versatile-- jelly, jam, wine. BUT, also
reliably
spreading via root suckering.