nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Watermelons Are Healthier When Served Warm

  • From: "Doc Lisenby" <longdistshtr@shtc.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Watermelons Are Healthier When Served Warm
  • Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 08:45:24 -0400

I can't prove it but I believe that warm pineapples from the fields of Hawaii served at roadside stands contain or at least yield up more nutritious/flavorful element contents. There is no real comparison on the market shelves there as far as flavor of pineapples is concerned. It seems that something changes when you remove the ambient growing temperature in a lot of fruits. I noticed it recently in my figs. I am presumptuous enough to believe that flavor is related at least a little bit to nutritional value.
Doc Lisenby
Zone 7/8