nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Watermelons

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Watermelons
  • Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 07:01:45 -0400

Hello All,

Watermelon...

Twenty five years back I worked in a supermarket. Many things that consumers buy from a "cooled" display case, never see that kind of cool storage prior to purchase.

We kept eggs by the gross on pallets, along with margarine, watermelons, etc.

There simply is not enough room to store all things in the cold, that people expect cold.

I have never seen a watermelon that had not been transported, stored and sold at room temperature.

Later,
Tom