nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Watermelons Are Healthier When Served Warm

  • From: "Sunshine Lemme" <sunshine.lemme@gmail.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Watermelons Are Healthier When Served Warm
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 08:35:23 -0400

I grew up near a watermelon field in the vineyards.  Those illicit, warm watermelons sure seemed to taste better when hiding under the grape vines.  Never tried a warm one that I've purchased.

The research really doesn't say they are better warm, it says they have more good stuff if stored at room temp.  So I'll wait until a couple of hours before serving to put them in the reefer.  The best of both worlds.