nafex - [NAFEX] Fwd: PawPawFestival

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Fwd: PawPawFestival
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 13:51:10 -0700

Begin forwarded message:

From: SHIRLEY CAIN <cainlane@sbcglobal.net>
Date: July 24, 2006 1:39:56 PM PDT
To: nutgrowers@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Indiana Nut Growers] PawPawFestival

Thought maybe the group would be interested in the PawPaw Festival in Ohio this year.  I have never been so I can't make any recommendations.  We had planned to go last fall and missed it and had tried to get information on it but the website had not been updated.  When I checked today their site is up, so here is some information about it so that others might consider attending.

The website is www.athensohio.com or www.pawpawfest.com or call the Athens County Convention and Visitors Bureau at 800-878-9767.

There appears to be a variety of events planned.  They will have "The Best Pawpaw Competition, "The Pawpaw Eating Contest", "The Pawpaw Cook-off", "The Pawpaw Beer Garden", "The Community Martketplace," as well as other events.

It is in September on Saturday the 16th and Sunday the 17th.  It appears that the cost is $5.00/per/day or $8.00 for both days.

If you don't take this kind of information on this site, please disregard and accept my apology.  We are members of I.N.G.A.
S.C.