nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Celeste Figs

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Celeste Figs
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 13:19:03 -0700

That sounds delicious. And the idea of frost, too, sounds wonderful.
Interesting about a difference between CA and Southern varieties. I used to
shop southern catalogs for fruit varieties that can manage our hot summers
and relatively warm winters - but I do better looking for varieties suited
to the Mediterranean cycle of dry summers and wet winters.
Figs of all kind seem to love it here.

Stephen Sadler
USDA 9, AHS heat zone 8,
Sacramento CA - Mediterranean climate