nafex - [NAFEX] Japanese Beetle Damage

  • From: "Scott Williamson" <ScottW@acespower.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Japanese Beetle Damage
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 08:37:17 -0400

Well I skipped all of about 4 or 5 days between visits to my orchard.  In that amount of time the Japanese Beetles came out and completely stripped my plum trees and grape vines.  Not a single leaf left on the plums and only a couple on my grape vines.  They mostly stripped my cherry trees as well.  These trees are 2-3 years old each so I'm not too worried about them, but I didn't know if it might be wise to do something special for them to help them recover this year.

Oh, and of course the Japanese Beetles were 99% gone two days later when I went out to take care of them.