nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Ferbam fungicide

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Ferbam fungicide
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 11:44:03 EDT

In a message dated 7/17/2006 6:57:26 AM Eastern Daylight Time, loneroc@mwt.net writes:

My understanding is that Ferbam is (was) one of the least toxic ag-chemicals
available.  Makers decided it was not worth the expense of re-registering
rather than there being any problem with the stuff itself.  It's been a long
time, but I think it was dark and smelly--a good varmint repellent on its
own

.

Two years ago when a fellow INGA member passed away his widow gave me a full box of Furbam which was labeled for Brown Rot. It is very black, has a non attractive odor, have sprayed with it about three times this year. My peaches are now ripening and the lowest amount of Brown Rot in years. Having damp hot weather which promotes Brown Rot. I may get a decent crop of donut peaches. They are good!

I have a new sprayer (air blast) and have been spraying more regularly this year. Whether it was better attention to spraying or the Furban is unknown.

Jerry