nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Large Beetle Feeding on Peaches

  • From: mangodance <bmn@iglou.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Large Beetle Feeding on Peaches
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 10:47:28 -0400

W3cmp@aol.com wrote:

Hello All:
It's that time of year when Japanese beetles and a larger beetle, similar in color, about 1/2"-3/4" long, with squared off shoulders are (were) feasting on my peaches until I sprayed them this morning. I have forgotten the name of the large beetle. Can someone help me with the name? Thanks. Chris Patterson

Could you be referring to Cotinis nitida L. (Green June Beetle)?

For images see:

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&lr=&q=Green%20June%20Beetle&btnG=Search&sa=N&tab=wi