nafex - [NAFEX] Hana Fuyu

  • From: "Bassem Samaan" <bassem@gardener.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Hana Fuyu
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 12:13:43 -0500

I have D. Kaki "Hana Fuyu" growing in ground for 3-4 years now. The tree seems to be dwarf about 6'-7' high. Have not shown any winter damage, we've had very cold winter, we hit -10 F the one winter. This year it have 2 fruits already, they're suppose to be non-astringent, and larger than Fuyu. The tree is very attractive landscape specimen. Have large  glossy leaves, that resembles magnolia, but the fall color isn't as attractive as Great wall, or Tecumseh. I recommend this tree for small yards in zone 6 or higher.

Bassem Samaan, Pa, Zone 6