nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Hana Fuyu

  • From: "Bassem Samaan" <bassem@gardener.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Hana Fuyu
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 07:33:46 -0500

Jerry,

My Hana Fuyu is grafted on D. virginiana rootstock.

Non-Astringent type of persimmon is a favourite for Asians. I had vietnamese family visiting my garden, and loved the Hana Fuyu.  They're very intrested in growing non astringent persimmon. I promised to graft some next spring.  At the vietnamese store I go to, they have fuyu persimmon imported from chile at this time, chilean import don't seem to have the best flavor. In October they'll carry the CA grown persimmon, and in november-december an Israeli variety will be available labeled "sharon", those usually have sweeter flavor.