nafex - [NAFEX] grey or black specks/smut/fuzz? on mailorder raspberry plants

  • From: Deb Schneider <debs@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] grey or black specks/smut/fuzz? on mailorder raspberry plants
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 09:36:41 -0700 (PDT)

I received a number of raspberry plants that have black or grey specks/smut/fuzz on the stems.  I'm reluctant to plant these here where I have a healthy raspberry patch (or anywhere else on the property where wild brambles grow).

I am going to write the nursery for a refund.  Can anyone suggest what the problem might be with these plants?

deb