nafex - Re: [NAFEX] grey or black specks/smut/fuzz? on mailorder raspberry plants

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] grey or black specks/smut/fuzz? on mailorder raspberry plants
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 09:41:36 -0700

If the plants are dormant, the specks are most likely mold growing on the dead tissues of the surface. It's not that unusual in plant material that has been in cold storage for a while and doesn't hurt them a bit. Once in the ground the plants will grow fine and the mold will disappear.
-Lon Rombough