nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Mulberry

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Mulberry
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 11:20:51 EDT

A few years back David Lavergne sent me scion wood of AJ Bollard's mulberry, "Silk Hope."  This is the first year I'm getting enough that the birds aren't getting all of them.

My first impression is they are very good. Rivals Illinois Everbearing Nice sweet sour flavor.

Also a few days ago while viewing a neighbors farm ran across a Rubus what seems to be mostly alba. Nice sized berries, white only a very slight blue tint, sweet mild flavored fruit. Is far better then the one I have here. It will in all likelihood be bull dozed out in the process of constructing a new highway. I took a cutting from actively growing branch and have grafted it here. Hope it takes.  Any one else interested?

Jerry

  • Re: [NAFEX] Mulberry, Jwlehman, 06/10/2006