nafex - Re: [NAFEX] in the bag

  • From: athagan@atlantic.net
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] in the bag
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 23:35:26 -0400

Quoting Stephen Sadler <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>:

> I'm thinking of bagging my pomegranates this year, as the harvest
> split
> between us and the squirrels last year was far less than equitable,
> and
> bagging may at least impede the beasts. Paper bags? Plastic
> Ziplocs? I'm
> concerned that fruit may cook inside the plastic bags in our
> 100-degree-plus
> days. And would the fruit color up under paper?
>
> Stephen Sadler
> USDA 9, AHS heat zone 8,
> Sacramento CA - Mediterranean climate

Did you try this?

More importantly, did it work?

My variety Wonderful set five fruit this year which is the most it's
set since I planted it and the blasted squirrels ate every one of
them. Green as grass and they ate them. I'm thinking of wrapping
aluminum sheeting around the base of the tree myself.

.....Alan.

This message was sent through Atlantic.Net Webmail.

Sick of pop-up ads and climbing prices?

Visit www.atlantic.net to get pure Internet for $19.95/mo.